and Allah said "And proclaim the pilgramage among men; they will come to thee on foot and on every kind of camel. Lean on account of Journeys through deep and distant mountain highways" Surah 22 ~ Al Hajj Part 27

Every Muslims proclaims the Testimony of Belief (Shahada)

"Ashhaduana laaha illaha-illalah, wa Ashhaduana Muhammad ara rasuulillah”

"I testify there is none worthy of worship except Allah (God) and I testify Muhammad is the last messenger of Allah (God)"

This simple fact makes Islam (Abrahamic ) (1.9 Billion and rising daily) the biggest singularly minded and practicing religion in the world. Muslims can be found in every country of this planet and form 25% of the world's population. The remaining 75% of the world's population is broken down in to 2900 religions, sects, cults, beliefs and faiths. The largest ones being:

Christianity - 2.1Billion (Abrahamic faith)

(This figure is made up of 2200 sects and cults, in the USA alone there 1800 breakway churches and 200 cults)

Secular/Non-religious/Agnostic/Atheist : 1.1 billion

Hinduism : 900 million

Chinese traditional religion : 394 million

Buddhism : 376 million

Juche : 19 million

Spiritism : 15 million

Judaism : 14 million (Abrahamic )

Baha'i : 7 million

Jainism : 4.2 million

Shinto : 4 million

Cao Dai : 4 million

Zoroastrianism : 2.6 million

Tenrikyo : 2 million

Neo-Paganism : 1 million

Unitarian-Universalism : 800 thousand

Rastafarianism : 600 thousand

Scientology : 500 thousand

Many Internet based statictical data sites were looked at and the data quoted above is at best approximate. Allah knows best what the actual numbers are.